Why do people start to smoke?
There are several reasons why people start to smoke, some of them are:
1) People start to smoke at their teen age, because they want to “experiment” new things
2) Due to peer pressure
3) Because they want to fit in
4) Smoking helps people relax – A few people may smoke since it has a feeling that it encourages them adapt to adverse sentiments and feelings, abandoning them with an elevated feeling of prosperity. A few people with emotional wellness issues, for example, misery or uneasiness, may smoke since it eases what they’re experiencing. In any case, they have a craving for smoking monitors their feelings, pushing them to cope.
5) Stress relief – Smoking may be an approach to oversee pressure, similar to the weights of work, issues with loved ones, or money related stresses. Smoking may have turned into a prop, with numerous smokers trusting it supports their fixation and concentrates
6) Weight management – people believe that if they smoke regularly they would lose weight , but studies have proven that Regardless of whether they do put on weight, over the long run, the normal body load of ex-smokers is like those individuals who have never smoked.
Why is smoking addictive?
Smoking is Addictive. Nicotine is the addictive substance in tobacco smoke. It is available in the tobacco leaf and when a cigarette is signed, nicotine from the tobacco leaf is breathed in tobacco smoke by the smoker. Nicotine enters the circulation system through the lungs and achieves the cerebrum inside 10 seconds of inward breath
Nicotine modifies the equalization of 2 synthetic compounds called dopamine and noradrenaline in your cerebrum. At the point when nicotine changes the dimensions of these synthetic concoctions, your inclination and focus levels change. Numerous smokers locate this charming. The progressions happen very rapidly. When you breathe in the nicotine, it quickly hurries to your mind, where it produces sentiments of joy and decreases pressure and uneasiness. This is the reason numerous smokers appreciate the nicotine surge and end up reliant on it. The more you smoke, the more your mind ends up used to the nicotine. This implies you need to smoke more to get a similar impact.
Quitting takes More Than Just dedication
For most smokers, stopping smoking is something other than a matter of self-discipline. In the event that a smoker who is endeavoring to stop has a foul up, there is frequently fault. Truly, there’s not something to be embarrassed about in the event that you return to a cigarette. By and large, smokers may endeavor to stop 6-11 times before they really succeed. With each endeavor, it’s vital to recollect: a goof does not mean disappointment; rather every smoke free day ought to be viewed as a triumph.
It tends to be difficult to think about the long haul advantages of stopping, particularly when the momentary inclinations are uproarious and annoying. Because you might not have prevailing in past endeavors to stop doesn’t mean you can’t do it this time around. Effectively stopping smoking is a physical, mental and social test. On the off chance that you’ve had a go at stopping previously and it has not worked, don’t lose hope—there are numerous apparatuses and assets to enable you to stop. Your medicinal services supplier, family, and companions would all be able to offer help, alongside the assets here on Quitter’s Circle..
In the event that you are looking for inspiration to help you in your quit, realize that you are not the only one. Stopping can be hard in light of the fact that smoking is something beyond a “bad habit” – it’s a serious addiction
When talking about smoking it reminds me of my dad who’s been since he was 14 (and now 48) , he started from sharing a cigarette with friends to smoking over 40-50 cigarettes per day at present. We’ve all tried our best to help him break his addiction but there isn’t a day he could get through without smoking.
How to quit smoking
- Go for a walk.
- Chew gum
- Keep your hands busy( maybe play a game , or draw / paint)
- Drink lots of water.
- Go for a movie.
- Spend time with non-smoking friends and family.
Besides them, if you think your addiction is getting worsen day by day, you can ask your family or friends for support.